3.9.13

LOOK OF THE DAY & HAIR TUTORIAL - ROCKABILLY FUN


 I've always been a huge fan of all things retro and vintage and for this tutorial I was inspired to recreate a modern take on the iconic Rosie The Riveter hairstyle. While Rosie was an icon of the late 40's, the style continued into the 50's were barrel rolls and faux bangs were popular hairstyles among the Rockabilly crowd, who were the party-goers, if you will, of the early blues-enfused rock scene of the 50's.

To keep it updated, I've paired it with a super casual outfit, colourful heels to match my bandana and a small clutch, which isn't exactly ideal if you're phone's as big as mine, but hey it looked good.

Watch above to see how I created this look and check out the outfit details below.
(PS: excuse the ultimate stink face I make when teasing my hair haha)

Top: Zara, Jeans: Levis 571, Bag: Zara, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Shades: Ray Ban
 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it :) Great tutorial and great hair-do. Your hair looks awesome so I guess the treatment is working! Need to go buy it ASAP

wow9gamer said...

I've paired it with a super casual outfit, colourful heels to match my bandana and a small clutch, which isn't exactly ideal if you're phone's as big as mine, WOW Gold Kaufen Billig
Billig WOW Gold Kaufen

Sara Sarita said...

Thank's for the tutorial :-) ... I just discovered a mobile app featuring your photos http://niswia.com

Amanda Chic said...

Love your shoes

http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
Fashion room lounge

A chic kiss ;)